Friday, October 30, 2015

The Inquisition: 070.Milanku

1. How did you came up with the name of the band? 

Milanku is name after the author Milan Kundera, which books I was (Carl) reading at the time we got together. It is also the name of a character in one of his book, La Plaisenterie. 

2. Do you have a standard procedure of creating a song? Do you just jam around or is there a main riff and the track is build up on it? 

Yeah, it is mostly like that! There is no particular way of creating a our song. We try to stay open minded and creative. We could just keep on playing the same idea for a couple a weeks sometimes… without finding the right «spirit». But generally we manage to find our way and build upon feelings. 

3. What are your influences and what kind of music do you hear when you are at home? 

We all listen to a lot of music. To speak for myself, I’m really into mellow electronic music like Kiasmos, Ólafur Arnalds, with a lot of textures and sound-shaping. But I also really enjoy listening to bands like Cult Leader…. 

4. Which is the one album you can't live without? 

I think the album I might have listen the most in my entire life is Leatherface «Mush». Since I totally appreciate all of their albums, I would say that Mush is the one I cannot live without. 

5. What's the first record you've ever bought? 

Humm, I remember when I was a little boy, asking my mom to buy Metallica’s «And Justice For All» on cassette... not to say Megadeth and stuff... Other than that, I also remember going at the record store to get cassettes from Nofx and Propagandi…

6. Name a band that you would like to share the stage or tour with? 

Ok, It might not be the band’s choice, but I would definitely like to share the stage with Mogwai, or Mono. But as a band, let’s say we’d like to share it also with Envy.

7. Did the internet and specially the blogs helped to spread your music around the world? Name a place (country) that you were surprised to know your music has reached to? 

Humm, I would say that it’s always nice when we get emails from Russia, but it’s also very nice when we get comments or emails from any far away countries from our home. 

8. Do you support the idea of bandcamp where fans can decide the price or services like Spotify? 

Yes, I think as a band, the more people listen to us, the more they would come at concerts. So that’s the best part. 

9. Where do you see yourselves in 5 years? 

Still jammin' in our rehearsal place on Friday night ! 

10. Is the artwork of an album important nowadays in the digital era? 

Yeah I think it is still very important to define your direction on the album covers. 

11. What is you favorite album cover? 

Hahah, I always liked the Dinosaur Jr «Green mind» album cover, the young lady with a cigarette.

12. It seems that a lot of people are turning on vinyl again. Why do you think that is and which is your preferable media format? 

I think it is all about finding the perfect tone…A lot of music are recorded with non-analog equipment, which then turns into MP3 and other compressed format. The idea behind the vinyl revival is about re-connecting with pure sound.

13. What's the most vivid story or moment as a band? 

I would say is when we went to Japan on tour in 2013. I was just great to meet our Japanese friends and tour with them.

Milanku are going to release their new album "De Fragments" on November 6th 2015!

More info:
Official Site
Facebook
Instagram
Bandcamp

0 Engineers:

Also check

 
;