Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Album: My Education - A Drink For All My Friends


Band: My Education
Album: A Drink For All My Friends
Label: Golden Antenna Records
Year: 2013








Tracklist
01. A Drink...
02. ...For All My Friends
03. Mr. 1986
04. Black Box
05. Roboter-Höhlenbewohner
06. Happy Village
07. Homunculus
Download

The band name, My Education was chosen from William S. Burroughs final novel - a collection of his dreams from various decades. 

Since forming in 1999, the membership of My Education has expanded and contracted while their sonic landscapes have grown with each release - 5 full length albums, several singles, compilation appearances, and a 12” vinyl collaboration with avant-hip hop duo dälek. Recordings have been remixed by members of bands Kinski, Pelican, the Red Sparowes and dälek. Albums include 5 Popes, Italian, Moody Dipper, Bad Vibrations and the latest - Sunrise - out on Strange Attractors Audio House in the USA & Canada. 

Sunrise, a new album of pieces from their original score for F.W. Murnau’s 1927 silent masterpiece “Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans”, finds the band in peak form . Having perfected the material with live film performances over the last two years with sold out shows across the USA, My Education has captured 40 plus minutes of a soundtrack to the long dark night of the soul. Sunrise is an aural experience that is original and unique. This soundtrack finds parallels with the soundscapes Popol Vuh created for Werner Herzog’s films. All told, this is their most diverse and mature release to date.

Several tours throughout the country have kept fans abuzz with My Education’s unique blend of drones and tones. The music of My Education takes you on a journey of mischief & mayhem - from sunset to Sunrise.

Official Site
Facebook
Twitter
Bandcamp
Buy from band | label

0 Engineers:

Also check

 
;