Friday, November 20, 2009

Album: Álfheimr - These Songs We Sing Will Fade To Silence


Band: Álfheimr
Album: These Songs We Sing Will Fade To Silence
Label: Self Released
Year: 2009








Tracklist
01. Wasted Time, Part One- The Moon Says 'I Love You'
02. Each Day We Pass is Borrowed Time
03. It Shouldn't Have Mattered
04. The Remnants of Our Shattered Lives Collide Like Glass on Glass
05. Hypnos & Thanatos (Breathing In, Breathing Out)
06. The Slow Approach to Midnight
07. Asleep and Falling There; Dead and Dying
08. Wasted Time, Part Two- You Will Look Back On Every Second You Have Wasted. You Will Never Be Prepared to Face This
Download

"I'm Madison from Álfheimr, and this is where I put my music.

The name of this project is explained simply enough. I wanted a name that came from mythology; if I had made a power metal band it would have been called Valhalla, because that's totally badass. But it's not metal, it's softer and calmer. Heaven was kind of lame, I think, and so it's Álfheimr.

At the expense of sounding like a loser, I wanted to do something a little different from normal post-rock. I wanted a different sound, and different themes; I've made explicitly sure to not mention the ocean or snow in any of my song titles thus far.

And now the first album is done. It's called "These Songs We Sing Shall Fade to Silence", and I'm quite happy with it. I just hope you all like it too :) Details about the next album coming soon..." -myspace

Myspace
Buy

0 Engineers:

Also check

 
;